Help For People Facing Eviction

If your landlord is taking you to court to evict you and you would like advice and representation, please fill in this form to tell us about your case. To access this service, you must live in Southwark, Lambeth or Lewisham.

We aim to take on cases for people who are unable to afford the costs of legal advice.

If you get benefits or you are on a low income, you may be entitled to Legal Aid. The questions in this form will help us to work out if you are eligible.

We will contact you within 5 working days if we are able to help. If you have not heard from us within this timescale it means that we can’t take your case. Please contact your nearest Citizens Advice office for assistance (

Please note, we can only take on cases if we have capacity.

Important Information:

GDPR Data Protection

Please note that by submitting your information you are giving consent to Southwark Law Centre to record the information you give to us and which may be stored for funding requirement purposes and will be deleted after 12 months.

Please note that this email service is not checked daily therefore any urgent deadlines remain your responsibility.

Please fill out the form below and submit it:

Have you received a hearing date from the court? *

If Yes please choose the date below from the calendar:

What kind of accommodation do you live in? *
Do you claim Universal Credit (UC), Income Support (IS), income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), guarantee Pension Credit (PC), income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), or any other benefits? *
Are you working? *
Are you completing this form on behalf of someone?
If Yes, do you have the person’s consent to complete this form?
How did you hear about us? *

If you would like to contact us about your case by telephone, we run an advice line at the following times:

Tuesdays, 10am – 12pm

Wednesdays, 2.30pm – 4.30pm

Fridays, 10am – 12pm

Our telephone number is 0203 084 5546.

Please note that our lines are very busy and we may not be able to answer your call. If you are unable to get through, please use this webform.